Monday, July 2, 2012

Welcome


Welcome to my little space!  I’m brand new to blogging, but the more I find blogs that I love to read frequently, the more it seemed like something fun to try myself.  And while I love (love, love) to write, I think that writing about myself has to be the hardest topic.  But, here goes…

Most importantly?  I’m a wife and a mom.  I have the most amazing husband who I met in college 11 years ago (wow-that makes me feel old).  I can still remember exactly where we were standing in Brick Street Café buying sodas (he bought mine) and what he was wearing when we met.  We were friends first, then started dating, and then one day I was in the middle of teaching a math class when I heard his voice on the loud speaker asking me to marry him. We were married on July 21, 2007.  I’m so blessed to have him to walk through life with. 

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a baby-sitter, a ballerina, or an Avon lady when I “grew up.”  Somewhere along the line my aspirations shifted and I became an elementary school teacher.  I taught for 6 ½ years, until I had my wonderful little boy, at which point I became a stay at home mom.  Although I loved teaching (most of the time), for me, nothing beats being home with my little guy and I’m so glad to have the opportunity to do so.  There’s nothing like being a mommy!

Things I love: post-its, coffee, a good book and a pretty journal, cooking, making lists and organizing, old movies (especially Audrey), a good shopping trip, being crafty, and most importantly, Jesus.  I thank Him every day that in Him I am able to live a blessed life.

I’m glad you stopped by…pull up a chair and stay awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment